The Thursday Stop is the time during my week that all things stop for a few minutes to reflect about my business and life. I use this time as a mental breather, to look back and forward at the direction things are going. Occasionally, I recall questions from customers and clients and share my answers with you.
I was recently interviewed on the Small Business Marketing Moment with Kevin Jordan (listen to the interview). It was a great interview about understanding your character and identifying the character of others. Kevin hit me with a great question during the show, and I quickly gave the best answer I could with the short amount of time available. So on this Thursday Stop, I wanted to take my answer further by giving some steps to getting more comfortable with your own character and others’.
“How can people be more comfortable with themselves?”
[in order to be accepted by your audience (potential customers and clients).]
As I mentioned before, this is a great question and one I was very happy to answer. Make sure to listen to the interview to get the first part of my answer to get a full understanding of finding your true character and building your confidence to truly own it.
Steps To Boosting Your Confidence
- Make a plan (Write a story) – Know what your are going to do, how your are going to do it, and when it will happen.
- Understand what you have to offer – Your ideas are valuable. Don’t discount them based upon the attitudes of others.
- Visualize the story playing out successfully – Visualizing is key. If you can see yourself winning, actually doing it becomes a LOT easier.
- Stay positive (don’t psych yourself out) – Letting negativity in will ruin your efforts no matter the activity.
- Do IT! – When it matters most, you can’t waste your time. You just have to do it and get started.
The more you can practice these steps, the less you will need them going forward because you will naturally become more comfortable with who you are around others.
How do you boost your confidence?
Leave your answer and ideas in the comments section below.
Share this Post